Providing for my Clients and Optimizing My Brand
I’m always updating my studio, adding additional tools, and improving what I offer to clients. Over the last several months I have added tools to improve my studio connectivity for remote recording sessions and accessibility for directed recording sessions and I have updated my digital audio workstation. I’ve improved my web site and added additional marketing enhancements.
I go through my web site, and my LinkedIn account to update all pertinent info. I actually have a method to follow to update content, marketing, and logos. In order to keep your message on target and your branding consistent, it all needs a periodic tune up.
Start With Your Web Site to Improve Your Online Presence
Start with your web site. Go through and update all content. Make sure all the links are working. Add new content and improve content and flow of the copy. It’s a good time to update ABOUT info and to re-work and improve keywords to improve SEO. I recommend you update your keywords and improve your SEO by using the Google Keyword Planner. I always re-work most of the pages in my web site to add to and improve the content. It goes a long way in SEO to always add content to your site. This helps give you and your site credibility showing your expertise.
Since my LinkedIn account – Mike Laponis Voice Talent is more of a B2B platform than any of my other social media sites, I go there next. Here is the process I use in going through my profile:
- Checking all links to be sure they are functioning as they should.
- Updating my Profile section, including ABOUT section. This is probably one of the most important areas.
- Adjusting, modifying, and adding Keywords to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Improving and adjusting the FEATURED section. That is where my demos reside. There are both audio and video clips, featuring my work. I make sure those are still functioning properly and up-to-date. I add new examples and optimize the order they are presented. In addition, my demos are available on my VoiceZam Player.
- Then I move to the EXPERIENCE section. You can also include media content and links to videos in this section. Another great opportunity for relevant keywords that will aid potential clients so they can easily find you in a search.
- From there, on to EDUCATION, and LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS. Bring those up-to-date and add any coaching, training, and classes since your last update.
- Take another look at your SKILLS AND ENDORSEMENTS, and then your RECOMMENDATIONS. These may need some adjusting. How long has it been since you looked at those? If needed, change the order of the skills listed, edit or delete anything to fine tune your listing.
- Lastly, I check to be sure my profile photo and and Background Photo are current. I want to be sure my photos and logos are consistent across all my social media platforms to help build my brand.
Move On To Your Other Social Media
Next on the list is to branch out to each and every social media site you utilize. For me, that includes listings on, Twitter, SoundCloud, and YouTube. It’s usually a good time to expand and improve each of those. You should also consider adding and growing your social media accounts as needed, depending on your particular content.
In Support of Clients
This is also a good time to improve or enhance what you have to offer to serve your clients. Let them know what value added services you have to offer. These improvements and additions are things worth including on your web site, and on all your social media. For instance, during the past year I have enhanced my services in these ways:
• I have improved my remote production capabilities – I have Source Connect and ipDTL, in addition to Skype and Zoom for studio connectivity and directed sessions for my voice over work.
• With upgraded internet connectivity in my studio there is now 400 MBPS.
• My sound design capabilities are continually improving with additional sound effects libraries and specialized audio plug-ins.
• As Professor Emeritus from a private southern California university, I offer my clients considerable experience teaching classes on Zoom and knowing how to reach an online learner – handy for eLearning projects. I also have considerable classroom (face-to- face) teaching experience.
Online Presence Tune Up
This Online Presence Tune Up will enhance your branding and let your potential clients find you easier. They will know how to reach you and what solutions you are offering that are of benefit to them. Go ahead, and complete your online presence tune up! Let me know if you have questions.
Thanks for reading! -Mike