Steps Toward Making it All Run Smooth and Optimizing My Brand
As I go about my daily social media activity, I add new content, edit things, and make improvements. As I’m doing that, along the way, items get what I call “fragmented.” What I mean by that is, over time some of the content, marketing, logos, and other things, lack consistency across all the social platforms. In order to keep your message on target and your branding consistent, it all needs a periodic tune up.
I usually start out my social media tune up by focusing in on my LinkedIn account – Mike Laponis Voice Talent. Since that is much more of a B2B platform than any of my other social media sites, I start there and work out to my web site and the other sites. It’s a process of completely going through my profile. These steps include:
- Checking all links to be sure they are functioning as they should.
- Updating my Profile section, including ABOUT section. This is probably one of the most important areas.
- Adjusting, modifying, and adding Keywords to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
- Improving and adjusting the FEATURED section. That is where my demos reside. There are both audio and video clips, featuring my work. I make sure those are still functioning properly and up-to-date. I add new examples and optimize the order they are presented.
- Then I move to the EXPERIENCE section. You can also include media content and links to videos in this section. Another great opportunity for relevant keywords that will aid potential clients so they can easily find you in a search.
- From there, on to EDUCATION, and LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS. Bring those up-to-date and add any coaching, training, and classes since your last update.
- Take another look at your SKILLS AND ENDORSEMENTS, and then your RECOMMENDATIONS. These may need some adjusting. How long has it been since you looked at those? If needed, change the order of the skills listed, edit or delete anything to fine tune your listing.
- Lastly, I check to be sure my profile photo and and Background Photo are current. I want to be sure my photos and logos are consistent across all my social media platforms to help build my brand.
What Comes Next
From there, I go to my Mike Laponis Voice Over web site, and go through the same process there – updating information and bringing consistency to all of the branding. It’s a good time to update ABOUT info and to re-work and improve keywords to improve SEO. A great way to update your keywords and improving your SEO is the Google Keyword Planner. It might be best by starting out with this step so you are utilizing these keywords in your LinkedIn update too. I always re-work most of the pages in my web site to add to and improve any content I have there. It goes a long way in SEO to always be adding content to your web site.
Branch Out From There
Next on the list is to branch out to each and every social media site you utilize. For me, that includes listings on, Twitter, Instagram, SoundCloud, and YouTube. It’s usually a good time to expand and improve each of those. You should also consider adding and growing your social media accounts. What about adding a Twitch, or TikTok account? Depends on who you are trying to reach and how many social media accounts you can keep going to engage your audience. If you have too many, you may need to hire help in keeping them up-to-date and active.
Additions and Improvements to Support Clients
This is also a good time to improve or enhance what you have to offer to serve your clients. Let them know what else you have to offer. These improvements and additions are things worth including on your web site, and on all your social media. I have recently enhanced my services in these ways:
• Upgraded my internet connectivity in my studio to be significantly faster. I am now able to access the internet at a whopping 400 MBPS!
• Added significantly to my sound design capabilities with additional sound effects libraries and specialized audio plug-ins.
• Enhanced my skill set with considerable experience teaching classes on Zoom and utilizing WebEx . (I am also a Professor of Communications and have considerable classroom (face-to- face and online) teaching experience.)
The Social Media Tune Up
This Social Media Tune Up will tighten up your branding and let your potential clients find you easier. They will know how to reach you and what solutions you are offering that are of benefit to them. Go ahead, and complete your social media tune up!
Thanks for reading! -Mike